Health Impact News
Healthy Traditions Press Release
Healthy Traditions announced today the launch of their new product, raw Apple Cider Vinegar with “mother.” Starting the last part of 2014, Healthy Traditions, a division of Tropical Traditions, Inc., has started testing all of its products for the presence of the herbicide glyphosate, since many of their USDA certified organic products were tested to be contaminated with glyphosate.
Finding a supplier of Apple Cider Vinegar that could be tested and traced all the way back to the producer proved difficult, as many apple cider vinegars are produced with apples from many different orchards, meaning that a single batch test may not represent all bottles used in each batch. So they began to search for a single source orchard to produce their own apple cider vinegar.
The Healthy Traditions Apple Cider Vinegar is made by hand on a small family farm in Wisconsin. This high quality and great tasting vinegar starts by hand picking a mixture of apples that are suited perfectly for cider, imparting a depth of flavors to the vinegar that are unique.
The apples are grown in Wisconsin on a certified organic orchard that practices sustainable agriculture by using livestock to maintain the orchard floor. By rotating different animals in the orchard the caretakers are able to reduce weeds and insects that would hinder the apple production.
Even though some antibiotics are approved for apple production in organic systems and used by some organic orchards, the caretakers here are opposed to the use of any antibiotics or chemicals and instead have selected varieties of apples that are naturally resistant to disease and fungus. As an added assurance the apples are tested for the presence of glyphosate found in the world’s most popular herbicide, and none was found.
Once the apples are picked they are pressed to make cider and then stored in stainless steel vats to ferment where the sugar is turned into alcohol. From there the “Mother” imparts a bacteria to the mixture that feeds on the alcohol and in a second fermentation transforms the hard cider to vinegar with no residual alcohol left over.
The vinegar is hand bottled into a 1 quart amber glass Boston Round growler, that protects the delicate vinegar from the damaging effects of light. The bottle is attractive and reusable and comes fitted with a premium phenolic cap. The vinegar is raw and unfiltered to contain the “Mother.”
This Apple Cider Vinegar is:
- Packaged in amber glass for protection
- Unfiltered and contains the “Mother”
- Raw and unpasteurized
- Made in small batches by hand
- Naturally fermented from apples that are tested negative for pesticides and chemicals
The product can be ordered here.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the tag.
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from … to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet